Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» HP Print Skew Allowance and Solutions
Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:42 pm by Admin

» DLINK DI-604 Emulator
Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:45 am by Admin

» Transcend JetFlash Online Recovery Tool
Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:26 am by Admin

» Antivirus that is right for you.
Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:00 pm by Admin

» Deepfreeze alternative: Shadow Defender
Sat May 29, 2010 10:35 am by Admin

» Piriform Products:CCLEANER & SPECCY
Fri May 28, 2010 4:30 am by Admin

» Edit youtube videos and changing it's background music
Thu May 27, 2010 3:13 am by Admin

» Power Supply Problem Detection and possible repair
Tue May 25, 2010 9:17 am by Admin

» HOW TO's: Remove
Mon May 24, 2010 9:29 am by Admin

Shopmotion


Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 Profile
 FAQ
 Search
Affiliates
free forum
 

Graphics Processing Unit or Videocard

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Graphics Processing Unit or Videocard

Post  Admin on Sun May 23, 2010 7:50 am

Let's begin.

The long beep with short intervals when your computer starts. No display. It's your GPU or videocard that is causing the problem and the reason why the pc won't start properly. This is the usual signs which technicians are very familiar when checking for videocard problem. And at times cleaning the contact pins with an eraser and brushing the eraser residues & videocard slot works.


  • Other videocard problem were overheating due to exhausting usage.
  • Broken fan leading to overheating.
  • Dust accumulation leading to defective fan.
  • No scheduled maintenance and cleaning of PC Box leading to too much dust accumulation.


Fixes
  • Research your videocard model performance and don't overclock. Pushing your videocard to its maximum performance will cause you dearly. It's nice to benchmark performance but might turn bad on overdrive.
  • Clean the fan & try to place small amount of oil(baby oil, sewing machine oil, cooking oil) on the fan shaft to lubricate and smoothen its rotation. 90% working remedy. The other 10% means you need a new fan. tongue
  • Take time to maintain your pc inside and out. More benefits follows setting a clean-up schedule.


PC freezing and resolution resetting are at times symptoms of a near death experience of a videocard. At times software or driver corruption also occurs. Upgrading the driver or software or reformatting the pc helps.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 12
Points : 13746
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2010-05-19
Age : 36
Location : Roxas City, Capiz Philippines 5800

View user profile http://roxascitytechhelps.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum